Re: [AMC-list] whats your opinion

The only thing I can add to this conversation is that I've had poly bushings
mixed with rubber on the white Javelin now for at least five years. Yes, it
does seem to have a bit harsher ride, but it's not really that noticeable. I
put poly in the strut rods and sway bar, rubber at the control arms. I am
hesitant to raise the front of the car from the chasiss now because I fear
the strut rods get over stressed when the suspension is left at full droop
for any length of time. I raise it by placing a block of wood under the
lower control arm near the wheel and then block the wheels up with caged
blocking to prevent roll off. Maybe i'm just being a bit over cautious,
For all around longevity, because I heard that the rubber strut rod bushings
were crap five years ago, I chose to go with the poly busings. Maybe the
rubber stuff that's available today is better??
Armand

I totally disagree with Frank. Have 8-10 year old Prothane bushings in my 69
American. . I don't have squeaks, cracks or moans. The ride is on par with
most mid size imports as far as I can tell.
    I'd stick to Prothane as mine have held up great

Just my $.02

 Hey guys, Street Performancehas an all urethane busing kit for the front of
my 69 American for$112.00. I know if I bought all of them separately it
would be waymore, but I also heard that they ride much harder them the
rubberones...Which is better, I probably won't get a whole lot of miles on
itwhen its finished and I don't plan on racing it..One other thing youmight
find interesting, I know they don't make patch panels for my carso I looked
at other options and can up with the patch panels from a 69Chevelle they
seem to have a side contour pretty close to the Americanbut I will have to
shorten them 3" I don't think anyone will evernotice the difference. One
more thing I have got my hands on 2 sets offront disc brakes off Ambassadors
cause I was going to do the frontbrake conversion, But now I found that
Scarebird, makes aadaptors to fit Ford ranger rotors on the front of my car
... againwhat do you think would be better ? Any comments ?  Thanks