[AMC-list] BIAS vs Radial tires on rims

I am the person who started this email string and appreciate all the
discussion as it allows me to feel better about the 225x70x14 on my original
1967 Rebel 770 Wagon.

I parked my car in my garage in the mid 1980's and started working on  it
the last few years.  It had G78-14 tires on it.  Costco had a  conversion
book that stated that original should have been 775-14 or optional  825-14 with
a 5.5 rim.

I cleaned off my spare and found 5.5 stamped near the air stem.  The
Coscto conversion book stated that 825-14 radial replacement is  225x70-14.

I purchased used ones (fairly new) for $200 fully installed, balanced and
tax.  They appear fit fine.  When I started this email string the tire  shop
stated that the rims were BIAS rims.  After all the email discussion I
feel safe that the tires will be fine.

Thanks All for your help.  I really appreciate this site and all  the
members.

Thanks,
John

(mailto:russh97309@xxxxxxxxx) >