Re: [AMC-list] BIAS vs Radial tires on rims

Re: [AMC-list] BIAS vs Radial tires on rims

" From: JohnBherna@xxxxxxx
"
" I have a 1967 Rambler Rebel Wagon that I just purchased some used 225/70/14
" tires.  The tire shop said that I had BIAS rims and pointed to some
" notches  in the rim.
"
" They said the radial tires may have leakage later or come off the rim if I
" hit a curb or other objects.  Can someone explain if that is true?

that is false.  i, like others, have run radials on my 'bias' rims for
many years.

that said, radials like wider rims than equivalent bias tires do.
225s could go on a 7" wide rim just fine; 6" would be on the narrow
side.  yours may be only 5" or 5.5".