Re: [AMC-list] Non AMC Question...

Bill,

You may want to subscribe to alldatadiy.com for a year for this car. It will give you access to the factory shop manual. Going through the factory diagnostic charts will save you a bunch of time and probably a ton of money.

Also, AutoZone's scanner will not read all of the computers on the car (there are at least 2, maybe even 3 or 4) so it may have to end up going to a dealer. The reason I mentioned that is that there could be a fault in one of the other computers tripping the light and causing the computer to run the car in limp mode. One of the guys I work with had a suspension related sensor fail in a Corvette he used to have and the car would not go any faster than 25 MPH.

Matt

On 8/24/2010 10:55 AM, Bill Serckie spouted this sage advice:
Okay Guy's and Girls I've got a problem that 's got me stumped...

I have a 2000 Chebby Cathiter with a 2.2 and am getting absolutly no acceleration beyoud 20mph then it bogs out...let up on the accelerator and it slowly picks up again but not past 20 mph. The car has new plugs, new plug wires, new coil packs, air filter and oil change...When I bought the car, it has a rusted out flex pipe so I had a new one installed along with a new muffler and tail pipe and the car started to run crappy about a week after the flex pipe was corrected. My initial thought was that there was a back pressure build up and the catalytic converter was not functioning properly so i drilled out a section of pipe just in front of the converter to vent the back pressure but that did not help. I had one of the local Auto Zone employees plug in a scanner (check engine light is on) and it showed three things 1) car needs tune-up (car is completely tuned up to factory specs) or 2) car has vacuum leak (can't find one) .

I'm at a complete loss here...Any ideas ???
Bill Serckie
Coldwell Banker Real Estate & Mortgage Services
2 River Place Suite "K"
Lansing, IL 60438
Office # (708) 889-2739
Fax #    (708) 360-5787