[AMC-list] Non AMC Question...

Okay Guy's and Girls I've got a problem that 's got me stumped...

I have a 2000 Chebby Cathiter with a 2.2 and am getting absolutly no
acceleration beyoud 20mph then it bogs out...let up on the accelerator and it
slowly picks up again but not past 20 mph. The car has new plugs, new plug
wires, new coil packs, air filter and oil change...When I bought the car, it has
a rusted out flex pipe so I had a new one installed along with a new muffler and
tail pipe and the car started to run crappy about a week after the flex pipe was
corrected.  My initial thought was that there was a back pressure build up and
the catalytic converter was not functioning properly so i drilled out a section
of pipe just in front of the converter to vent the back pressure but that did
not help.  I had one of the local Auto Zone employees plug in a scanner (check
engine light is on) and it showed three things
1) car needs tune-up (car is completely tuned up to factory specs) or 2) car has
vacuum leak (can't find one)  .

I'm at a complete loss here...Any ideas ???

Bill Serckie
Coldwell Banker Real Estate & Mortgage Services
2 River Place Suite "K"
Lansing, IL 60438

Office # (708) 889-2739
Fax #    (708) 360-5787