Re: [AMC-list] Non AMC Question...

Had a simular problem on a Chevy astro would idle good and fuel pressure at idle was ok. Found a small split in the fuel pump hose connection inside the tank to the pump. There was enough fuel to start and run but not enough volume of fuel to accelerate above 20-25 mph.

On Aug 24, 2010, at 4:04 PM, realtorbill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

The fuel rail was mynext guess.  I'm going to repair the exhaust tonight then check the map sensor then move to the fuel rail.

-----Original Message-----
From: "tbsilvey@xxxxxxxx" <tbsilvey@xxxxxxxx>
Sender: amc-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 20:58:30
To: <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] Non AMC Question...

Similar problem with my Jeep when I first bought it used. Idled fine, ran ok if I proceeded very slowly and would make it up to 35-40, but then would go no harder. If I tried to push it harder it would bog and backfire.  Had me stumped for a week. Had new fuel pump, filter, plugs wires, coil, cap, rotor, ands sensors tested ok.
Finally I pulled the fuel regulator to test it's flow with pressure from my air compressor. Seemed to be just fine. As I was reinstalling it, I paused, looked again and realized it should have two small o-rings. One was missing. Probably broke and then fell off some where when I pulled it out. The bad/missing o-ring was allowing fuel pressure to bleed back to the tank away from the injector rails. Have you had the fuel pressure checked yet, one more possibility there.
Troy