Re: [AMC-list] Questions, Questions...

" From: Jim Blair <carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" Just so people are clear: there are 2 different 232s. Early (with
" small bell and shorter stroke) and later (72 up with same bell as AMC
" V8s)

actually 3, if we're getting pedantic --
'64-'70 low deck small bell
'71 high deck small bell
'72-up high deck large bell.

not counting cylinder head and piston changes.

"    There may be some '71 only longstrokes like the 258 with small bell.

there are.

one thing i don't know: did cranks change in '72 with the shift to
large flywheels, or is the crank pattern the same?

" From: adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker)
"
" " From: Richard Estermyer
" "
" "
" " []
" "
" " Also I know the 258's are the internal start to strokers, is the 232
" " also? Was it a bore increase or stroke?
"
" stroke. 199 - 3"; 232 - 3.5"; 258 - 3.895". all are 3.75" bore and
" have the same pin height until '80.

[]

" btw there are 2 rod lengths:
" 199, 4.0 - 6.125"
" 232 - 5.875" '64-'70, 6.125" '71-9
" 258 - 5.875"
"
" block deck height was increased ~1/4" in '71.