Re: [AMC-list] Those pesky little dash lights

IIRC the industry standard # is/was 194. There are several different size and wattage lamps with that base. Most of them have larger bulb/lamp ends.

-----Original Message-----
From: tom jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
Sender: amc-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 12:49:49
To: AMC, Rambler, Nash, Jeep and family<amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] Those pesky little dash lights

I think the style of bulb is called "slide base". The pinched glass with
wires bent over that slide into the black lamp retainer (designed by AMC to
go intermittent after 5 years).

The dome lamp style is called "festoon base". Weird name. The one with the
little tabs with holes that grip the bulb at each end. I had a hornet years
ago that the lens would fall off every time to slammed the door, and about
1/10th of the time the bulb would fall out too. You had to turn the dome
light on to find the parts on the floor at night.