From: tom jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] American wagons...
To: "AMC, Rambler, Nash, Jeep and family" <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, August 19, 2010, 10:39 AM

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 7:43 AM, <wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> He'll be lucky to find a wagon that has been redone in carpet out there.
> 99% have been baked to dust. The panels are either gone, falling apart, or
> redone in carpet.

Not a problem for me. The last thing I ever care about in a car is
originality! I'm not a restorer and I'm not nostalgic. I like Rambler's
(Nash's, really) frugal, quality, engineering. It's the epitome of American
mid-century industrial design, to me. The
all-brakes-bolt-on-all-cars-1950-1988 thing. The same six for 40 years! Two
chassis bases, no more. Great stuff.

The bottom line for me is, I need a reliable daily driver very soon. It's
Los Angeles, 15K miles/year minimum. And no car loans, I don't do debt. I
owe nothing but a mortgage and gonna keep it that way. I'll give someone
good cash money for their well-done project and we'll both be better off.

Just gotta deliver this machine on time!