Re: [AMC-list] leaking gas, 1983 Concord

Re: [AMC-list] leaking gas, 1983 Concord

" From: russ hathaway <russh97309@xxxxxxxxx>
"
" Is the gas tank supposed to be pressurized on this car? I have a leak
" at the rear and it is either a cracked hose or that valve back there,
" I think it is a roll-over valve. Either way, it leaves a puddle about
" the size of a large platter when I turn it off, then eventuall stops.
" I found that I can take off the cap and it will stop immediately. I
" can't get to it until Saturday.

isn't the tank supposed to be vented through a charcoal canister?  if
it's overfilled, gas can get into the line and hydrolock the vent.

" When I pulled the cap I got a whoosh of vaccuum that I never noticed
" before. I wonder if the pump jocky mixed up caps last time.....Russ

could be another symptom.