Re: [AMC-list] Ground strap V8 (russ hathaway)

Re: [AMC-list] Ground strap V8 (russ hathaway)

  thanks for the info all.  russ, great instructions, i  indeed found
2 lonely holes, well one had a bolt in it with the remains of an
eyelet from the previous ground strap under the grunge, so that
determined that end.

usually in this case i'd stare for a few hours wondering where to put the
other end, but with your advice i headed for the motor mount bolt, which
much to my surprise, came right out and even went back in.  i'm
always suspicious when things go this easily, but declared victory,
 onward!

My 70 AMX ran a stranded wire, like a 10 or so, from the block mount (as stated) to a bolt on the Xmember. It was on the pass side and his might have been lost over the years. Look for a lonely hole in the Xmember that seems out of place, run a 3/8 bolt and wire from that hole, looped over the rubber mount and use one of the motor mount bolts for ground. Clean all connections and then after it's tightened good spray with paint.......Russ