Re: [AMC-list] 1962 Classic 440 $300.00... The one I had to let getaway.

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 5:22 PM, <wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Once again  time appears to move In a linear fashion. Go figure....count
> yourself lucky you could've ended up with 3000Lbs of crystallized cat urine.
> !

Yeah, probably wouldn't matter though, Illinois with the windows down, it's
all trash anyways. My little American was similar, window down (without the
IL winters and rain) and basically I gutted it top bottom and dash, and ran
a hose inside with purple cleaner, scrub brushes and such. Not much survives
that.

There is enzymatic odor killers, we use "NATURE'S MIRACLE", it kills dog pee
smell on rugs etc after you get the bulk of it out with towels and wet
towels.

But it sounds too far gone to be an "easy" restore. But I've watched Model A
people pull rusting frames from hillsides as the basis for projects. 1962
was 48 years ago! Big flakes of rust means the surfaces have lost mass and
have porous surfaces that will continue to rot unless sandblasted or
something. Ugh.

Personally I don't see any real difference between $300 and $150 in cases
like this. No title though is a major PITA!