Re: [AMC-list] 1962 vs '63 Rambler

i have a 63 440H.i have had it up to 90 (ya, stupid but had to see if it
would) with no problem. if i had a little bigger nuts, i could been at 100.
it was still pulling hard. it has auto also.have you rebuilt your carb? jets
may be plugged off a little bit. run a couple cans of sea foam thru the fuel
tank. that stuff works AWSOME!!! your timing could be a little off. do you
have a good strong coil? if carb has been rebuilt and working good, timing is
good, new plugs/wires/points/cap/rotor... coil could be not putting out enough
spark to burnhot enough. i had that happen last fall on my 63 440H. i also
have a 62 classic. had an issue where the carb got a little plugging in the
carb. it would work fine at low speeds. high speeds, it ran to lean, and had
no power. you also might check the compression of the motor. if it has sat
for a while, compression may be low due to stuck rings. try a little auto
trans fluid down the cylinders for a couple days. if that dont work, then it
may be time for a rebuild. others may chime in with there suggestions.
dave stohler
www.picasaweb.google.com/das24rules