Re: [AMC-list] 195.6 ohv mileage

before casper lost the rod bearing, i was getting 26 mpg. thats in a 62
classic 2 door, 3spd manual. BEFORE the o/d. i think the gear in that was
somehting like 3.73?? i forgot now. and that was in the hard mountains of
eastern oregon, doing 60mph. foot to the floor to get up the mountains all
the way, and minimal throttle going down hills, mostly off. still, for that
size of car, i thought that was friggin awsome. especialy when my '03 dodge
peon that i drive to work every day gets 32mpg pulling the same hills. and
its all computer controlled, fuel injected ect. and casper weighs in at the
truck scales (same scales for both cars) at 200 lbs more with me in and full
of fuel in both cars.
dave stohler
www.picasaweb.google.com/das24rules