Re: [AMC-list] AMC-list Digest, Vol 16,

i have never used anything for sealer. if it leaks, it leaks and needs
machined. simple as that. no silicone stuff will seal it. make DANG sure the
head is cleaned and smooth. i use a real good sharp "putty" knife type
scraper and clean it all up real good. make sure the manifold is good and
smooth also. snug the bolts up. i think its like 20 lb/ft (cant remember off
top of my head but can look in my tsm if needed) and i have always had them
seal up just fine. its not like there is a lot of pressure there. maybe mine
do fine because i have put 2" exhaust on all my 196's so little pressures for
them.
dave stohler
www.picasaweb.google.com/das24rules