---------------------
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 22:14:01 -0700
From: tom jennings<tomj@xxxxxxx>

 " But 50/50 boils at 223F,

 open air, or under the cap?

Oh right, 223F B.P. at atmospheric pressure. I can't seem to find a credible
chart or formula for pressure vs. B.P.  but two random pages stated 48
degrees increase in boiling point at 15psi.

So coolant is NOT boiling in the head at 230F, so that is unlikely to be a
problem.

Still gotta find a chart or formula for this, but thanks Andrew!!

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"