Re: [AMC-list] recommended Mobil 1 for old pushrod engines

Re: [AMC-list] recommended Mobil 1 for old pushrod engines

I just did some work on my bosses truck; A 1996 Dodge 1500 with the 360 and 4spd AT. He bought it new and it has 362K on the odo, probably half of that loaded with shop and work stuff.
It blew an intake gasket and when we took off the heads it was spotless in there, you could still see the cross hatch and no ridge.
He runs synthetic exclusively and he is a cheapskate, so he buys Wallymart brand.
I am sold on the bennys of synthetic oil if it can make a skinflints work horse go that far......Russ