Re: [AMC-list] A/C conversion

i do a/c all the time. (on tractors) i have the vacume pump, correct gauges,
big "coolant" (not freon anymore) cans, ect. just about every a/c coolant is
compatible with r12 residue now. the stuff we use at work is some comercial
grade stuff. in my vehicles, i use Arctic Freeze. its all synthetic.
compatible with r12 residue. i have charged systems that were opened, and
never had a vacume, and they did ok. they dont work near as well as if they
have a vacume pulled on them. DONT FORGET PAG OIL!!!! alot of people forget
to add oil, and fry the pump pretty soon. i would suggest you atleast get a
vacume put on it. you CAN charge it yourself. get one of those cans that come
with the gauges. you want it around 25lbs of pressure on the low side. that
arctic freeze works REAL well. i can not run my car on  high. on 95* days, i
gets TOO COLD.
dave stohler
www.picasaweb.google.com/das24rules