[AMC-list] 70 AMC Highway Happiness road map

[AMC-list] 70 AMC Highway Happiness road map

Jerry, somewhere here I have a case of the 70 AMC Highway Happiness road maps. Yes, hard to find, you did well.

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/main/70amc_highway-happiness1.jpg

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/main/70amc_highway-happiness2.jpg

off my site: "1970 Highway Happiness Group 15 Accessory "Road Map" big 28 page thing folds out to huge road map. This was AMC's great marketing with playful, and friendly, approach. It folds out to 20x26 and is suitable for framing even though double sided. AMC loaded this with not only great photos and drawings of the cars themselves, but also comments about those items, some rare as hell like Trendsetter sidepipes! Everything from mirrors, bumper guards, cruise control, compass, tissue dispenser, tape players and radios, floor mats, rims and hub caps, air shocks and load leveler system, luggage racks, it is all here along with photos! You also have points of interest like Ambassador Lodge, AMX Heights, Hornet Haven, Javelin Junction, Rebel River to discover."
Eddie Stakes

Jerry wrote:

Ran across a couple vendors selling Dealership literature, and one guy sent me to another one who had a 1970 AMC Accessories "map" called Highway Happiness , it folds out like a map, has all the years accessories pictured, has artwork of a r/w/b AMX and a r/w/b Rebel Machine. I'm told ( by both these vendors ) that this is a rare and hard-to-find piece. I've never seen one myself before, and I can believe by the fact that it has both AMX and Rebel Machine artwork, that it's probably worth what I paid for it , $35. So, was it a deal, or a rip? It's pristine, regardless. Make a nice poster, if I could get it laminated safely. Thanks for any opinions,

Jerry Casper

P.S. Only "AMC" relations there at the show that I saw was a black and white Metropolitan, and some WWII Jeeps.