[AMC-list] Rambler American in LeMons...

[AMC-list] Rambler American in LeMons...

So my ex-LeMons friends are agitating to run a car (next year). I have an
iron pile that includes all that Indy Rambler stuff. T-14. 61 American.
Hmm...

I'm thinking that we'd follow the simplest possible path -- since the block
is so insanely sleeved, it could be re-bored for any pistons that are
convenient and cheap. I have a set of 196 rods. I have those insanely
flowing heads (need valves). I have that wild cam, hard tappets and
adjustable pushrods. My idea is, no turbo, naturallly aspirated, make it rev
reliably 5000 rpm all day long, get the right axle and set the chassis up
for 2nd and 3rd, lighten it as much as possible, sticky tires and STAY ON
THE TRACK FOR 400 LAPS.

Index of Effluency would be very high. So would HP to weight. Wouldn't it be
fun to kick modern import a** with a rusty old Rambler?