Re: [AMC-list] Got the spring installed.

Well, it should be easy enough to pull the battery and just set it over on the opposite fender (on a shop rag of course!), let it sit for a couple hours to settle down, and see if there is any change in height. I don't think the cars sat perfectly level from the factory though. Most people won't notice a half-inch difference. If it's not real noticeable, the factory didn't fix it!

----------------
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 19:47:20 -0700 (PDT)
From: Joe Fulton<piper_pa20@xxxxxxxxxxx>

The car (65 American) still sits 1/2 inch lower on the driver side.? This, inspite of the fact that I installed the longest used spring on the driver side.?That's?more level than with the old springs however. ?The rear leafs are new, so that isn't a factor.? I wonder if the battery weight on the driver side is that much of a factor.?Steering box is over on the left too.?

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"