Re: [AMC-list] GaryJav spring tool didn't work

Re: [AMC-list] GaryJav spring tool didn't work

Yeah it takes the tool, or in this case you can chain the two eyes together with good heavy chain or cable, has to be good stuff!

Lay the tower spring down and torch cut the tower about an inch down from the top leaving the outside piece as a "hinge".
be careful and take your time. I've seen many a Ford spring pulled this way in a salvage yard I used to frequent.
  He did it with the towers still in the car, just lift the front end as high as he could get it and still reach in, do the cut and pull the coils out. Can' remember if he finished the cut across the hinge area or pulled them out through the top or bottom.

Been too many years.

YMMV and be very, very careful!

Mark Price
Morgantown, WV 26508