Re: [AMC-list] GaryJav spring tool didn't work

Re: [AMC-list] GaryJav spring tool didn't work

Maybe a half-assed technique will undo it? If you have to do the other side,
maybe you could jack the opposite corner of the car to mostly compress it,
then restrain the spring coils with steel cable, baling wire, etc, such that
you can take *just enough* pressure off the hats that you can rotate one
with a hammer. THe spring would stay in the car in it's normal position, so
if one of your kludges let go it wouldn't really go anywhere.

In fact you might be able to rotate one with a hammer with weight on it.
Probably tough to get a swing in under there though.

What a PITA.

But it is satisfying to UNdo prior crap work and make things right.

I will be buying or making one of those.