Re: [AMC-list] OT: enging heating

You almost don't need to know specs to check it out -- with the vacuum hose
to the distrib off, the advance should move 15 - 20 degrees more advanced
when you rev it from idle (750 say) to 2500. If it moves smoothly with RPMs
it's "working".

Vacuum, at idle with the hose off it should be 5 - 10 btdc whatever the book
says. When you put manifold vacuum on it (16 - 19 inHg or so) timing should
jump 15 - 20 degrees more advance.

Simple.

There are dual diaphragm units with vacuum retard for some apps. Never
actaully worked with one.