Re: [AMC-list] AMC/Jeep J-10 Five Speeds & other mods

Re: [AMC-list] AMC/Jeep J-10 Five Speeds & other mods

Message: 5 Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2010 07:46:45 -0400 From: Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx> To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: Re: [AMC-list] AMC/Jeep J-10 Five Speeds & other mods Message-ID: <4C08E7A5.4060202@xxxxxxx> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed It's like the later Ford "solid axle" IFS, where the axle is "broken" in the center. Late 50s and early 60s rear drive Mercedes IRS axles are done the same way. And of course the VW bug and early Corvair. There is no allowance for changing camber as the suspension travels (wheels stay perpendicular to the ends of the axles) , and travel is limited. For a street/light trail (rough road) truck the limited travel is fine. The few FSJs that got the IFS weren't used for off roading I'm sure. No, it is not. Are you going to look at the suspension drawings? Peter Marano Kenosha WI