Re: [AMC-list] 68 Javelin upper control arm bushings

Re: [AMC-list] 68 Javelin upper control arm bushings

Yep, that's a problem with the new replacement bushings, and you are right,
the cupped washers are needed.

Though this is a different suspension than yours (63 Classic) they're very
similar, and just off the bottom of the web page below is what I did to put
the cup washers on.

http://wps.com/AMC/Front-suspension/index.html

I reused the old washers. If I recall flat washers would work, but the
curves make installation much easier as it guides the assembled arm into the
chassis. Without the washers, the inner steel sleeve will grind against the
stamped sheet metal of the chassis insert.

> Oh by the way, I assume its probably a small AMC world, so if the guys from
> Kennedy American are on here, sorry, not that I didn't believe you, I was
> just getting more info....

Not sure that Jeff is in here, but I wouldn't worry about that, none of us
know everything, and half of what I know is wrong!