Re: [AMC-list] time to find a stout 5 spd tranny now i think.

I know about the ring gear offset (that's why I opted for matching starter and flywheel from an XJ) I was concerned about the offset of the 290 flange and keeping the flywheel from flying off.
   Integral slaves are expensive and only need replacing when they go bad. I have a nice discount at work so that's not too big of a deal. The external slave Bells go for @$300 on Evilbay and that tweaks my RM! (I swapped a postal Jeep for the 2 AX-15s)

From: Wrambler <wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Rambler AMC, Nash, Jeep and family" <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] time to find a stout 5 spd tranny now i think.

Jim, I'd recomend the external, think about it.
The internal is just a large PIA to deal with, period.
billd on the AMCForum has found that the face of an old flywheel is a 1/4"
different, closer I believe that the new starter flywheel.
Make sure you get you ducks in a row on this one.
That 1/4" could really screw things up.
It should be fairly easy to find external slave bell by now

Mark Price