Re: [AMC-list] sheesh! f'!@!@!@ing

After I yanked the CPU, serpentine belt and pollution stuff from my 83, I installed a complete 6a system; dist, hot box, coil and wires. I dropped in the dist, hooked up the hot box per instructions provided and that little 258 reved and started/stopped like no ones business. No run on, no hesitation, nothing. Sweet! Its gone through a lot of upgrades, but that was the first thing.
They do say if you are running points with the 6a to install a ballast resister, the Chryco style. Also if you experience run on, do the same.
Those ballast res are on the shelf of many parts places.....Russ