Re: [AMC-list] time to find a stout 5 spd tranny now i think.

I currently have 2 AX-15s. One 4x4 for my Honcho and one 2wd for Isabelle's '68 Rebel (parts car was a '69) I just need 2 bell housings for now and it doesn't matter to me if they are integral slave or not.

From: tom jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
To: "AMC, Rambler, Nash, Jeep and family" <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] time to find a stout 5 spd tranny now i think.

The AX-15 looks pretty good, and isn't it easier to find (for AMCs) than a
good T-5? Why aren't they used in passenger car projects?

10 x 1.125 input spline, 7.5" long, hell, I could fit that to a 258 or a
195.6. Output yokes and splines can always be dealt with.

The fat size of the case is a problem for the smaller cars, the issue I
think would be how much trans is "up", above the input-to-output shaft axis.
Hanging down is better than up through the floor.