Re: [AMC-list] time to find a stout 5 spd tranny now i think.

Re: [AMC-list] time to find a stout 5 spd tranny now i think.

The AX-15 looks pretty good, and isn't it easier to find (for AMCs) than a
good T-5? Why aren't they used in passenger car projects?

10 x 1.125 input spline, 7.5" long, hell, I could fit that to a 258 or a
195.6. Output yokes and splines can always be dealt with.

The fat size of the case is a problem for the smaller cars, the issue I
think would be how much trans is "up", above the input-to-output shaft axis.
Hanging down is better than up through the floor.