From: Sandwich Maker <adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] hydrogen-powered Gremlin for sale...
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, May 28, 2010, 8:33 PM

" From: adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker)
"
" " From: Bruce Griffis <bruce.griffis@xxxxxxxxx>
" "
" " Hydrogen is cool and all, but I am a fan of twice-fried french fries
" " and the occasional donut. I'm thinking vegetable oil and a small Isuzu
" " diesel would be the hot ticket for my horrible diet.
"
" toyota has just about the perfect diesel repower for jeep cherokees
" and wranglers, as they sourced the same aisin warner trannies.  alas,
" while it's widely used from australia across southeast asia and india
" to europe, they don't bring it to north america.  rough guess - my
" cherokee would be up near 40mpg with one...

[following up to myself]
vw has an excellent mid-late '90s 1.9tdi that would imho be a better
diesel repower than an isuzu.  bonus: if you have a rare audi-powered
amc, it has the same tranny bolt pattern.