Re: [AMC-list] Bolting an AX-15 to a 290

I'm pretty sure the six cylinder flywheel will bolt right up. The flywheel might index on the bolts and the hub may not fit in the recess on the back of the flywheel though. I forget if the hub is smaller or larger than the recess. A machine shop can easily fix either one with a few measurements.

---------
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 20:27:50 -0700
From: Jim Blair<carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I'm looking to put an AX-15 behind the 290 I pulled from the '69 Rebel I parted out. Is there a special crank adapter available to bolt up a newer flywheel? (I plan on using a 4.0L flywheel rebalanced to match the motor and a 4.0L starter as well) Later I will do a TBI setup as it will be a distance cruiser.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"