Re: [AMC-list] AMC/Chrysler part number lookup?

When Chrysler took over AMC they just changed the part numbers by adding a J in front to signify what they were for since some of their part numbers were the same for different parts.

From: "Daniel G. Ritzinger" <danritz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "AMC, Rambler, Nash,Jeep and family" <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [AMC-list] AMC/Chrysler part number lookup?

The father of my son's girlfriend owns several Chrysler dealerships.  I
contacted him about any old stock that he might have on hand, hopefully
AMC/Jeep.  He had his staff put together a spreadsheet with part numbers and
(very) brief descriptions.  Part numbers are like J0938733, J0938733,
J0981301, etc.  So... does anyone know of an online parts number lookup that
might give me the make/year and a better description of the part?

Thanks,
Dan