From: Matt Haas <mhaas@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 23:02:08
To: AMC, Rambler, Nash, Jeep and family<amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] Emergency brake problem

Assuming the cables all move freely and the brakes are properly
assembled, it probably just needs to be adjusted. If you have a TSM, the
procedure will be outlined there. If not, try this:

* Start by making sure the rear brakes are properly adjusted (do several
moderately hard stops in reverse).
* Support the rear axle on jack stands.
* Push the parking brake pedal down 3 clicks.
* Tighten the adjuster until the rear brakes no longer turn by hand. It
is easy to go too far doing this so turn the nut on the adjuster a few
turns and then check the wheels.
* Release the parking brake and make sure the wheels turn. If they don't
turn, loosen the adjuster nut.

Matt

On 5/25/2010 10:30 PM, Arnaldo Mademilia spouted this sage advice:
> I've a 1966 AMC Rambler 770 Classic 4dr. sedan.
>
> I've changed brake shoes, drums and front emergency cable.
>
> But still have problem with the E-brake.
>
> It doesn't stop the vehicle from moving when parking on a slope.
>
> The brake padel seems to be working good.
>
> Anyone knows what can be the problem?

mhaas@xxxxxxx
Cincinnati, OH
http://www.mattsoldcars.com