[AMC-list] Need help with master cylinder removal 1965 American, non pow

[AMC-list] Need help with master cylinder removal 1965 American, non power brakes...

Good Morning All,

I need to replace the master cylinder on my 1965 American.  I have replaced numerous master cylinders over the years but non with manual brakes, and am a bit baffled here.

I performed the standard removal procedure but have never encountered the connecting rod that my car has, which is attached the the piston end of the master cylinder and runs through the firewall to, I'm assuming the brake pedal assembly.  At which end does this assembly com apart ?  It would appear that the connecting rod assembly should come out through the firewall side while still attached to the master cylinder itself but the TSM  only shows an exploded view of the assembly but does not point to it's proper disassembly, also, once removed from the vehicle, how does the assembly separate from the master cylinder itself ?

Thanks in advance for any help given,,,

Bill

Bill Serckie
Coldwell Banker Real Estate & Mortgage Services
2 River Place Suite "K"
Lansing, IL 60438

Office # (708) 889-2739
Fax #    (708) 360-5787