Re: [AMC-list] IT RUNS.

I'm curious about your fan controller. I've got a dual electric fan setup
> and aluminum radiator set to be installed in the Javelin. I don't have a
> fan
> controller. Can you give me more details please, such as manufacturer,
> where
> did you get it, how does it interface with the old wiring, anything that
> might help me.
>
> I made it myself. It's based around an Arduino microcontroller, some "solid
state relay" chips and software to drive it. It picks temperature info and
engine on/off from the Stewart Warner sender. I was going to make it work
with the factory sensor but I didn't feel like solving the make/break
regulation problem (long time scale filtering in software, or hardware). I
built it into the old generator regulator box.

It's hard to believe no one makes such a thing for sale. It's only got three
wires -- battery, fan, sensor. One knob for set point.

I'll post the schematic and code later. My motor controller is a bit
embarrassing but I had the chips (VN05's) already so I used those. They run
hotter than I like.