Re: [AMC-list] numbers for 67 Ambassador

I assume you want production numbers? What I have in my archives is 1,260 1967 Ambassador DPL convertibles (the only Ambo convert). I don't think anyone has break-downs for engine size. The 1,260 number comes form a copy of the official AMC year end production report. Auto-Pact is a trade agreement between the US and Canada signed in January 1965 specifically dealing with auto production and import/export. Before then only certain models were imported into Canada because of Canadian content laws applied high tariffs to imports (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auto_Pact). AMC made several models before this in Canada, the Ambo was NOT one of them. Few Ambos were imported. After January 65 any US model could be imported, and the AMC plant started building only Classic/Rebel four door models and most were sent for sale in the US. AMC dealers in Canada could then get any model, your 67 DPL included.
----------------
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 13:51:21 +0000
From: <terrylarmer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I was wondering if anyone out there knew the numbers for my car? I have read a couple different versions.

My car is a 1967 Ambassador DPL Convertible red with white top and a 290 2V motor.

The car is in Canada also. I heard that these cars were not meant for Canada is that correct?

--
Frank Swygert
For all AMC enthusiasts