From: tom jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [AMC-list] ruined in 60 seconds
To: "AMC/Rambler owners, drivers and fans." <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Friday, April 23, 2010, 12:32 PM

Got time today, got it started, probably ruined it outright.

I had oil pressure no problem, I installed a pressure gauge under the hood.
I started it from the cab, watching the tach (2000 - 2500) and stopwatch, at
40 secs I noticed the oil light was on. Immediately turned off the engine,
found all the oil on the driveway and the crankcase dry. So it ran without
oil pressure long enough to pump out 4 - 5 quarts.

The gasket popped out of the oil filter on one side. I'm 101% certain it was
installed correctly and tight enough, as I pre-filled the oil filter last
weekend and was very careful with it. I recall assembling it distinctly. I
am beyond certain about everything involving the external oiling.

If it was 2 - 10 secs I'd fix and press on, but I think it's too likely a
total loss. If so I'm basically screwed, as I'm broke and $2500 on a credit
card to build the motor. That's it for 2010.