--------------
From: "Jesse" <j2sax@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, April 23, 2010 3:13:58 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern

Many times you can determine which cylinder is having the issue by
getting to the "knock range" in the RPM and then removing/reconnecting
?the plug wires one at a time to see if the noise stops at a
particular cylinder.? Lot easier than breaking it all down and mic'ing
it, though you may have to do that eventually.? I have more than once
fixed "just that problem cylinder" and gone for years without further
issues, though I realize that would make many cringe.?? Albeit these
were not daily drivers or higg RPM race cars!?
I recently bought an 88 Eagle Wagon that had been sitting for just 6
months due to the PO not installing the starter properly.? This was a
DAILY DRIVER until taht point.? WHen I started it, it had a LOUD
lifter tick and some knocking as well.? I went and bought 2 cans of
Sea Foam, put one in the oil and one in the fuel.? I told my bud I was
driving it home and if it blew up, we'd just drop in another engine.?
It literally got to where the car would not even do 30 MPH, smoking
and knocking and shaking.? Then, all of a sudden it smoothed out and
we did 70MPH all the way home and it runs great everytime now.?
You've heard it all your life... mechnical items do not like sitting!

--
Frank Swygert
For all AMC enthusiasts