Re: [AMC-list] bass-ackwards PCV valve!

I've had two 63s with PCV valves, and the 65 out back has one (it's an L-head American, the 63s were OHV Classics). All three have hoses on both ends, nothing threaded. I thought it sounded strange when you mentioned a threaded PCV valve, but MAYBE AMC used one and the ones I've had had been changed to a more universal parts. On 40+ year old cars it's hard to tell!
----------------
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 21:58:47 -0700
From: tom jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>

Woah! So there's a CV-455c pcv valve 'came with my 195.6 OHV, threads into a
"T" in the manifold, hose to the side valve cover. Fits perfectly.

The thing is, it's BACKWARDS! This valve wants suction on the HOSE side, not
the THREADED side! So basically it's a leak that you pay $5 for. Hell, I can
have all the air leaks I want for free, and with fewer parts.

The TSM has a drawing of the part, and shows HOSE at both ends.

--
Frank Swygert
For all AMC enthusiasts