From: tom jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 21:58:47
To: AMC/Rambler owners, drivers and fans.<amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [AMC-list] bass-ackwards PCV valve!

Woah! So there's a CV-455c pcv valve 'came with my 195.6 OHV, threads into a
"T" in the manifold, hose to the side valve cover. Fits perfectly.

The thing is, it's BACKWARDS! This valve wants suction on the HOSE side, not
the THREADED side! So basically it's a leak that you pay $5 for. Hell, I can
have all the air leaks I want for free, and with fewer parts.

It's supposed to work: high vacuum, the PCV shuts closed (OK, very small
flow), at low vacuum (eg. yo mash the go pedal) vacuum drops, the spring
pushes the plunger open and it flows a lot and ventilates the crankcase.
CV-455c fits in the hole, but that's all that's right.

The TSM has a drawing of the part, and shows HOSE at both ends.

It's amazing what you find in old cars.