Re: [AMC-list] wow, i found this add funny.

192 could be the chopped down 345 IH had. I was planning to use an AMC 4 cyl for my compressor/generator combo, but my kids kept scooping them up so I'm pulling the motor from my '89 Tercel for that instead.

From: das24rules@xxxxxxxxx
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] wow, i found this add funny.

ya, i had heard of the 232 being used in swathers. i think it was
international. but a 192? i assume it was 196, and i never heard of it in
anything but ramblers. and by the way, i live in a ranching/farming area of
eastern oregon. people use what ever they can out here to make what they
need. if its a motor, then it can run a pump. machine shops here can build
any kind of adapter you need to work on anything. when i was 15 y/o, i
changed hand 40' section handline for a long time family friend to pay for my
first truck. ya ya, it was a 71 ford f100, but, hey, its what i could get.
anyway, we had an old isuzu 4 cyl diesel engine. ran great. i think it came
out of a pickup. had a drive shaft built to run it off the back of the motor
to run our pump. built a trailer to hold it, with a bat box, control pannel,
built in safety shut off. if oil pressure in engine dropped below 10 lbs, it
killed the motor. if the water pressure in the main line dropped below 15lbs,
it killed the engine. when it was hit at full throttle, it worked perfect,
till it got less than 15lbs of line pressure. (sucking air out of the creek
instead of water) it would over rev and hit the engine governor. anyway, ya,
anything can be made to do anything of you need. i just didnt know the 196
was used in swathers, was refered to as a 192. sorry frank. but i really did
find it an entertaining read.

dave stohler
www.picasaweb.google.com/das24rules