Re: [AMC-list] moar 195.6...

I've seen the foaming, and I think the tests are flawed. You're not supposed to run more than 25% concentration of that stuff in oil. As long as it's not whipped around it won't aerate either. You have to have a lot of free air to trap -- don't have that in a semi-pressurized crankcase. I've run it since around 95 in the motorcycle engine and ran it from about that time through 1999 in the M-35 (almost liquid shift kit -- no more than a 10% concentration in auto trans though) and never had a problem. As I said, the MC trans is noisy without it.
---------
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 11:55:21 -0700
From: tom jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>

The downsize to Lucas Oil additive and others like its that they foam up --
all that surface tension. I'm not sure that would matter in a transmission
though. I don't know how much they foam -- some bubbles? Or a box full of
shaving cream? I assume it's only a little. In a crankcase at high speeds
any foaming is probably bad, but in a little T-96 it's hard to imagine
trouble!

--
Frank Swygert
For all AMC enthusiasts