Re: [AMC-list] Tanks out

I think the o-ring is the same size that Ford used. If not, you can get new ones from the vendors.

Matt

On 3/27/2010 8:30 PM, wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx spouted this sage advice:
After a thorough rinse I started baking the tank. I mopped it out with an old towel then stuck the end of my heat gun in it and let it bake. Tank got so hot I could not hold my hand on it. Smells pretty fume free. Going to bake it some more tomorrow while I work on the pump mounting etc, I am perplexed. The inside of this tank is so spotless I can't believe it. Here in the land of rust. Who'd a thunk it! Only thing I can think of is the addition of methonal these last few year has been scrubbing it out for me while I drive.
    The sock was not plugged at all. So I suspect pump failure due to cheap pump.

Not this time! I got a genuine Bosch out of a late model canister module. Found a sock for a 94 Wrangler to be a perfect fit on it. Advance had it in stock to! Still need a sender O-ring. Anyone have an interchange or valid known to work number? Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device from U.S. Cellular

mhaas@xxxxxxx
Cincinnati, OH
http://www.mattsoldcars.com
1967 Rambler American wagon