Re: [AMC-list] Tanks out

Speaking of batteries blowing up (although I never checked one with a match) I've had 2 blow up on me, practically in my face. One was just as I pulled the charging cable from the battery charger when I was in training.
   The other was when I went to check a car that wouldn't start for someone who was too impatient for me to even get the hood open all the way (that one doused me with acid big time!) before she hit the start switch again. The battery had a broken post and the arc when she hit the key ignited the hydrogen gas that was built up under the hood. By the time I got back out of the washroom from rinsing my eyes she was gone. (she had been hollering through the door at first. "What did you do to my car? You owe me a new battery!" but the string of expletives that came from me must have convinced her to find another sucker to give her a jump start)