Re: [AMC-list] progress...

The outside is getting painted to take care of that problem. It doesn't look like all of the galvanizing was taken off by the stripping process but it did have some rust beforehand. I wasn't planning on going this far with Kermit's tank right now but since when has working on an abused old car ever gone according to plans?

Matt

On 3/26/2010 9:34 AM, Sandwich Maker spouted this sage advice:
" From: Matt Haas <mhaas@xxxxxxx>
" " If you don't mind the cost (it was about $100), having it chemically " stripped will clean it all out too plus get rid of every spec of rust. " [] " BTW, the chemicals they used " to strip it also do a good job of removing solder so the filler neck has " to be soldered back on.

sounds like it would also strip off the tinplate, commonly used to keep steel from rusting... so you better coat the outside with something
too.

mhaas@xxxxxxx
Cincinnati, OH
http://www.mattsoldcars.com