Re: [AMC-list] progress...

I've also heard.
Scrub out with simple green, etc
Hook the exhaust from a car, tractor, welder, etc to the tank sealed tight so
the exhaust has to blow through the tank, sender out, blowing in the filler.
Weld away. The carbon Monoxide of the exhaust replaces the oxygen and prevents combustion.

Probably be a bad idea to do that one indoors :-O

Mark Price
Morgantown, WV 26508
1969 AMC Rambler, 4.0L, EFI, T-5
"I realize that death is inevitable.