Re: [AMC-list] progress...

Is that John Deere green ? :)

I never knew they double walled the trunk side in the pre 64's before.

Can you come help me do my gas tank?
You never did show up to help me fix the rust on the Jeep...

Our spring break is next week, so Friday is a state holiday.
Boss wants to get some "stuff" done with no stupids, er, students around.
I only managed to wrangle Wed & Thurs off to go with Friday.
If, my in car current tank is in good condition I will be going with it.
If it is not, I will be doing Joe's Mustang tank swap, which will put me back a few weeks I am sure.

Has anyone worked with JB weld INSIDE a fuel tank?
I did a quick mockup of a baffle in elrusto tanko.
JB weld states it can be used to repair tanks.I'd think they would not state that due to liability if it is not indeed stable when in contact with fuel?
So, I'm wondering if I get the inside of the tank clean/clean and more clean.
Can I JB weld the baffle to the tank floor and expect it to stay there?

elrusto tanko is a decade old since it has seen fuel.
The tank in the car obviously is more "bomb" material than I even
want to fool with. So...

I also have an old fashioned, heat it with a torch soldering Iron.
But can the baffle be soldered in without getting all the galvanizing
 off the inside of the tank in that area?

Mark Price
Morgantown, WV 26508
1969 AMC Rambler, 4.0L, EFI, T-5
"I realize that death is inevitable.