Re: [AMC-list] door pins wanted 79 spirit gt

Larry said:

>> =================================
>> trying to locate door pins and bushings for
>>  my amc I see Mopar # J3615486 and J3698103 but no one has them any help
>>  appreciated; the car is a 1979 Spirit GT 304 4 speed.
>>
>> larry
>> conlinlarry@xxxxxxxxxxx
>> ====================================

Try "Paul Maday" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>.  He was an AMC dealer back in the day.

You might also ask Tony Zamisch if he rebuilds those hinges:

        http://www.amx-perience.com/california_classic_amc.htm

(Do a text search for "hinge")

"Michael C Canada" <gcanada@xxxxxxxxx> said:

>This will seem a strange source for door pins and bushings, but i found a
>bronze bushing and a pin that worked just fine at my local Menards store. I
>will check if they still have them.

Doesn't sound strange at all.  IIRC, the late-model AMC hinges were a standard Ford pin & bushing.

The hinges on a Spirit I owned back in the nineties were worn egg-shaped, so I had a machine shop calculate the original center based on what was left, and had him drill it out in the same centerline for a bushing "one size up" that was for a Mopar car, I believe.  Worked fine, and the larger pin & bushing lasted without any noticeable wear until I sold the car ten years later.

Someone mentioned before that Ron Waters http://classicone.com/wsc/orders/email.htm might have the correct pins & bushings in-stock.

MARC MONTONI
Richmond VA
http://FreeVirginia.blogspot.com/
Freedom.  Responsibility.  www.LP.org
Cu vi parolas Esperanton?
I'd rather push a Rambler than drive a Toyota.
Visit www.AMCRC.com or www.AMONational.com .
http://RichmondRambler.tripod.com/
http://Hasdrubal.tripod.com/Index.htm