[AMC-list] AMC T5 2wd

Scott on THEAMCFORUM sent me a link to an AMC T5 posted on Craigslist in Pittsburgh.
Me being busy and not real sure I wanted to fool with the trip into Pittsburgh to get it, I let it go.
Kept refreshing the add and thinking on it from last Thursday till yesterday when I was finally, unbusy.
I called the guy and he told me it was from a rusted out Concord and had less than 100k on it. I wanted to run up last night but he
said it had to be picked up before 5. He also said he had a guy building a Street rod who wanted it.
  I told him I could leave work at lunchtime today and drive up. He told me sure, he even said he would call me, if it sold.
So, at 11:30 I called to get directions and check on it. He said it was still there and he had a guy coming to get it.
I was bummed, but the guy followed by saying, "I told him I ain't holding it for no one, first one here with the cash gets it".
  OK, so I asked, "what time is he coming" the guy said, "3:00". I said, give me some directions!
Long story slightly shortened, I was at the guys garage by 1:00 :)
  Guys name is Larry, did not catch the shops name. He is in Mckees Rocks, Pa and there was not one, but THREE Americans in the shop!
His son has a bright Yellow 64-65 with a SBC, it was over in the corner and the engine combo did not intrique me so that's all I know about it. There is also a 65 two door hardtop 199 car that Larry tried to mate the T5 to and did not succeed due to the bellhousing difference.  So, he leads me into the back and there sits an in primer 69 Hardtop with a 290! and on the floor beside is the T5 I was after :)
  We talked for about 20 minutes or so, real nice old guy, or seemed like it. He frequents swaps around Pittsburgh and goes to Canfield Ohio and Carlisle, Pa.  In fact he took the T5 to Carlisle last fall and it was a no sale.

  I almost wanted to tell him about the adapters and how to possibly put the T5 behind the 199, but he seemed to be past that phase, so I bought the T5 I have been looking for and we loaded and I headed home.

  Now, As soon as I finish the fuel pump I can take my time building my AMC 2:95 first gear T5.
Somewhere around Pittsburgh there is unhappy street rodder.

Mark Price
Morgantown, WV 26508
1969 AMC Rambler, 4.0L, EFI, T-5
"I realize that death is inevitable.